Friday, November 16, 2012

An apology, an update, and a mouse.

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. I would say that things have been crazy, but the truth is, my mind has been fluctuating from "I have absolutely nothing to talk about" to "I want to talk about everything but can't form coherent sentences." It's rough being me. 

Anyway, since my last post, I have indeed starting working at my part-time day care gig. It's been a rough couple of weeks, but slowly I'm getting the hang of it. Wrangling 8 two-year-olds ain't all it's cracked up to be, you know... even as cute as they are.

But, even as I am slowly learning how to manage 8 little ones at one time, I'm still wondering what exactly it is I am called to be doing at this point in my life. I think that's really where I'm stuck right now. What do I do right now? I mean, I don't have my Master's or Doctorate degrees yet, so my dream job is still just a dream. So, what is it that God is calling me to do?

For right now, I guess that is going to stay a mystery. I'm trying to be patient and to just pray that the job I'm doing now is leading me to holiness in it's own way. But, some days are harder than others. And it just seems that today was one of those days.

I know that I'm the kind of person that, when I find someone to listen, I don't mind complaining and possibly exaggerating the woes of my day (and since you all are helpless readers who can't yell at me to suck it up, you get to "listen"), but I feel like I can say that I knew it was going to be hard day even before I woke up (that's right friends... I had a premonition! magic!). 

Josh left early this morning to go to a youth conference in San Angelo, so even as I woke up (to the bathroom light he left on -- WHYYYYY?) I knew that whatever day I was going to face, I was going to have to face it with him being hundreds of miles away. And, as a newly married gal, I think that just sucks. So, that kind of set the mood for the rest of the day.

And it turns out the day I had to face consisted of: 8 kids hyped up on cupcakes for 4 hours, cleaning for 45 minutes almost solely with bleach water, cold soup (okay, it was my fault for being too lazy to go reheat it again..), not having a husband hug waiting for me at home, and a MOUSE in my apartment. I feel like I don't need to tell you why today was just one of those days.

Anyway, I know that tomorrow is a new day (free of adorable 2 year olds and hopefully one less mouse) and even with my amazing husband away at Region X, I know that I can face whatever comes my way! (But, Lord, please don't let it be any more mice!)



No comments:

Post a Comment