Monday, October 22, 2012

Telos

Last Saturday was the best day of my life! Not only was I able to wear a super pretty dress and feel pampered for a day, but I was also able to stand up {in my really pretty dress} next to my best friend and vow to love him and cherish him for the rest of our lives while participating in the Holy Sacrament of Marriage. It was awesome, beautiful, and hands-down, the best Mass I've ever attended {though, I am a bit biased..}! 

And now, a whole week has come and gone since that beautiful day! But, the strange part about it is, life after the wedding is even better. That day was the happiest day of my life, but every day since then has been almost as good. Every day, I wake up to my best friend kissing me on the forehead and telling me, "Good morning, pretty lady." Every day, I get to make our tiny apartment a home for our little family. Every day, I get to grow closer to my husband and our Lord. Every day, I am living out my telos, my purpose. Every day, I get to wake up knowing what God's call for me is, and every day I get to grow closer to Him by living it out. The life that my husband and I started last Saturday is not just about us, but it is about living out the Love that has been given to us to those around us. I am the happiest version of Karen that I have ever been in my life because I am finally able to live out the call that God has asked of me. And I want to do it with my whole heart.

So, even though I really loved my big, fancy wedding dress, even though I agonized and worried for a year about my wedding day, in the end, it was not about 

what color dresses the bridesmaids had

{the dress as pictured on the website vs. the real thing}

or what my hair looked like

{hahahaha classic}





The only thing that mattered was this:




No comments:

Post a Comment