Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Wish

Hello all! I suppose that for my first post I should explain a little about how I came to the decision to make a blog! Admittedly, right now, it feels a little weird explaining this to... well, no one. But, alas, I'll continue anyway! I am a senior in college right now and for the past few days I've been nearly obsessively looking at other Catholic blogs such as  barefootandpregnantblog.blogspot.com and catholicicing.blogspot.com as well as viewing a few other really awesome blogs! I was so inspired by what I was reading: the struggles and ideas and creative genius of women who, although so different in temperaments and lifestyles, were so genuinely and courageously Catholic. I was inspired, and I caught the bug. But, I suppose my strand has a bit of a mutation, because, although I loved what was being said on those blogs, I realized that almost every blog that I encountered is written by a Catholic woman in her late twenties - early thirties, has anywhere between 1-10 children and is a stay at home mom. I admire that so, so much! And someday, I want to be in your shoes (because, as you will soon find out, I am kind of obsessed with marriage and motherhood), but for now, I am a 21 year old college student who is merely dating and will probably not be getting married for a few years (though I desperately hope less). Although I love hearing about NFP and the joys of married life and motherhood, I have yet to experience that. I can pretend (and I do), but really that just makes it that much harder for me to live in the present (which is something I've recently taken up..). So, I wanted to start a blog where I can talk about the joys and sufferings of a Catholic young woman who messes up a lot, but is earnestly striving for sainthood. I want to discuss topics like beauty (hints the name of the blog), love, acceptance, temperance, pride, crafts, and relationships. I know there probably isn't a huge market for blogs for high school and college aged women, but I want there to be. I want to be what the women of those other blogs are for me! Maybe I'm being ambitious (and given my schedule this semester I most likely am), but I know I have a calling to minister to women, and I hope this is just another way I can do that. I'm not sure how successful or popular this blog will be, but I hope that the quality of what I say will counteract the mystery of what quantity of followers I will have. I would love your prayers and support (yeah... you... the one who doesn't know this blog exists yet...) and I love and thank you!! 

2 comments: