Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Pregnancy Post!


Okay, so, since this blog was not really intended to be a pregnancy blog, I'm going to limit the amount of these posts that I do. I will still probably do one a week (we'll see...), but if I do that, then I will be sure to also write a blog that week about something meaningful and not pregnancy related. So, here is my first pregnancy post! I hope you like it!


How far along? I am 10 weeks along yesterday!

Total weight gain/loss? Since my last doctor's appointment, I've gained about 2 pounds. But, overall since I've known I was pregnant, I think I've gained about 4 or 5 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I wish! No bump yet. I went shopping with my Mother-in-law yesterday and was telling her about how I want to buy maternity clothes, but I'm nervous because I don't know how anything will fit. Plus, since I don't look pregnant, I feel like nobody believes me when I tell them!

Stretch marks? Since my baby bump is pretty much non-existent except to me, I won't expect there will be any of these for awhile!

Best moment of this week? Eating. All the time! I just want to eat! We just finished eating lunch about an hour or 2 ago and even though I still feel full, I'm hungry again!!

Miss anything? This is going to make me sound like a terrible person, but alcohol. It was National Margarita Day sometime this week and I couldn't participate!

Movement? I know my little jelly bean is moving up a storm, but I can't feel a thing.

Food cravings? In general, all food just sounds amazing. But, it's mainly just whatever I feel like having at the moment. The other night I wanted spinach leaves and baby carrots (delicious), but, like normal, most of the time what I'm craving is sweet and bad for me!

Anything making you queasy or sick? I have only been sick twice so far and both instances it was because I was tired and didn't eat well (and one time also because of motion sickness and nerves), but, for the most part, nothing has made me feel sick or queasy. Early on, I could not eat or even think of chicken, and even still I would prefer not to eat it, but it has never really made me sick.

Have you started to show yet? I think I have, but since the definition of "show" implies that someone else can see it, maybe not. I know that I've gotten bigger, but nobody else can see it (though last night Josh did admit that he thought I looked bigger! I was thrilled!!).

Gender prediction? I really want a boy for some reason, but Josh thinks it will be a girl.

Belly button in or out? Since I'm not showing, I basically look the same! Just a little rounder in my tummy area!

Wedding rings on or off? On. And I predict I will be able to wear them throughout the entire pregnancy. My rings are a little big anyway, so maybe they'll actually fit!

Happy or moody most of the time? I tell Josh all the time that I feel grumpy and moody. At first he would say that he didn't see it, but after snapping at him a few times when I've been hungry and literally just telling him that it didn't matter what he did he was annoying (not my proudest moment. I still feel like a horrible person!), I feel like he's understanding that I'm a little more irritable than normal.

Looking forward to? Having a baby bump! I just want the world to see how chubby and pregnant I am!!!

Anything else? My next doctor's appointment is March 20th and I'll get the results of my blood work and urine sample, plus they will also have to check to see if I am showing possible signs of preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. So, we would really appreciate prayers for that time and in the mean time!! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment